Become a Member
If you have a drive to help others and your community, we always welcome inquiries from potential members to join our team.
Join as a
If you are at least 18 years old and not enrolled in high school, you can volunteer to be a Full Member. If you are at least 16 years old and enrolled in high school, you can volunteer for our Junior Program.
Between 18-50 years old
Between 16-18 years old
The broad prerequisites for full membership are:
- Candidate must be between 18 and 50 years of age, prior it his or her 51st birthday
- have a valid NJ State Driver License
- commit to Wednesday Night Training from 7pm-9pm
- Interviewed by Chief and or President
good moral character
apparent adequate physical strength and stamina
live or work in New Providence or within the area
physical Well Being Certificate Exam by a physician
Complete background check including a fingerprint process with the New Providence Police Dept.
years old to apply
The mission of our Junior program is to offer our high-school students an opportunity to serve in their community. Not required, but our goal is to have Juniors become Full Members after high school graduation. The Prerequisites are similar to Full Members, with the following differences:
- 16-18 years old; enrolled in high school and be at least a rising junior
- must be in good physical condition
- must have permission from a parent or guardian
- must be in good standing in school,community and have no problems with the law